My wood stove won't draw, do I need outside air?

If you have a Englander, Summers Heat or Timber Ridge wood stove (including and maybe especially those with a catalytic combustor), and it is not drawing well, you may need to consider outside air hook-up. This basically involves using air that is outside your home to help your stove draw and burn better.

This can be done by running a thin gauge pipe (usually three inches (3”) in diameter - check your stove - and the pipe can be flex or rigid) from the air inlet pipe located on the rear of the stove through your floor or wall. The outside end of this pipe should be covered in some manner to keep it clear of foreign matter. Of course, you need to adhere to all local codes.

If you need more information on this, please call our Technical Support at (800) 245-6489 or  email us.

You can also check out your stove model's latest owner's manual for the latest info.

We also offer outside air kits for our stoves! Click here and choose your model to see if an outside air kit is available for your stove.